Sunday, February 10, 2008

DAREDEVIL

Saturday we were at the park celebrating my cousins, Stacey's kids, birthdays and Chase decided to be a little Daredevil. He jumped off a play set that was at least 12 to 15 feet high! (When I asked him why, he simply said, "Because some kid told me to!") Anyways, after waiting to see if he felt better we came to the conclusion that it might be a broken ankle or a sprain. Nate and I took him to the Gilbert Hospital ER and had x-rays. Dr. thinks it's just a sprain, but put him in a splint and gave him crutches. It's so sad to see a 4 year old on crutches!!! (He usually just crawls around!) We're supposed to follow up with an orthopedic doc so we'll see what they say! As far as pictures go...I'm looking for my camera cord and as soon as I find it, I'll update!!! UPDATE 2/11: We saw the Orthopedic dr. and he put him in the littlest walking boot I've ever seen! He said it looks like there's either a break or major swelling along his growth plate, along with a bad sprain. They treat them the same way so he put him in a boot for a few weeks. :(

1 comments:

harmon family said...

Poor Chase. I can't believe that someone told him to jump. The things that kiddos do. Someday he'll look back and laugh at this, but not anytime soon I am sure.