Friday, March 6, 2009

Colic CRAZINESS

Our precious little boy has got a full blown case of colic. After many screaming nights (by Luke), many overwhelmed nights (by Mom and Dad), and several doctor's visits, he's been diagnosed with "severe reflux". They've got him taking some meds now and we're hoping for a miracle. It's heartbreaking to hear your 6 week old baby have a hoarse voice from crying so much. :( Everyone has a story about their baby with colic and how they all outgrow it. I just never thought it would happen to us. Keep little Luke in your prayers so he can feel better soon.

6 comments:

Amie and Karl said...

oh both my sisters babies had that the medicine that they got there babies on worked so I so hope for you an Luke I am so very sorry hang in there

Debra Ryan and kids said...

Becca, He is just so precious!! Jaxon cried for the 1st 3 months and was just so fussy and then it went away thank goodness. I heard if you have babies early they are more likely to be colicky?? Anyhow, I am hoping to keep my baby in as long as possible for that reason. It's hard on you emotionally to not be able to soothe them. Hope the medicine works, he is so dang cute!! loveyadeb

Scott & Natalie sherwood said...

Poor little guy. I hope the previcid works soon.

Laynee said...

Poor little guy, how miserable for everyone. Hope it passes very soon. He sure is adorable.

MUNSON's said...

I am so sorry! I hope the medicine works! Ivy has reflux too....not as bad as Luke though, so I can empathize with you! Hope you are getting some sleep!

The Armstrongs said...

Remember Jordyn's reflux - she would vomit and it would go clear across the room and drench everything! Or if she was in her bouncy seat it would fill it up! So yucky!!!!! I feel for you! She never stayed up and screamed though, so sorry about what you all are going through. It will not last forever. Will it? I think I would be the one screaming all night! Not the baby!
Love you! You are an awesome mom and you will make it through this too! Call me if you need me or just want a break! I miss you! We need to get together.
Summer :-)